Sunday 1 September 1907
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Reuther and Helen Dore.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1907 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Walter Reuther: American labor union official, President of the United Auto Workers.
- Joaquin Balaguer: President Dominican Republic.
- Helen Dore: American astrologer; joined AFA November 1969.
- Gil Puyat: Filipino businessman and politician (d. 1981).
- Miriam Seegar: American actress (d. 2011).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Honey Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Byron G. Harlan
- Uncle Josh at the Dentist's - Cal Stewart
- You'll Have to Wait Till My Ship Comes In - Bob Roberts
- Stein Song - Haydn Quartet