Sunday September 01, 1907
US date format: 9/1/1907, UK date format: 1/9/1907
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Walter Reuther and Helen Dore.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1907?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 01, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Stein Song
- Bob Roberts - You'll Have to Wait Till My Ship Comes In
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh at the Dentist's
- Byron G. Harlan - It's Great to be a Soldier Man
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - Honey Boy