Monday 1 January 2007, NewYear’s DayUS date format: 1/1/2007, UK date format: 1/1/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Pathfinder, directed by Marcus Nispel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bazooka Cafe or Backyard Hockey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 January 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 January
- A I Bezzerides: American novelist and screenwriter (Born 1908).
- Julius Hegyi: American conductor (Born 1923).
- Leonard Fraser: Australian serial killer (Born 1951).
- Roland Levinsky: South African medical scientist (Born 1943).
- Leon Davidson: American scientist known for studying UFOs (Born 1922).
- Bulgaria and Romania officially join the European Union. Also, Bulgarian, Romanian, and Irish become official languages of the European Union, joining 20 other official languages.
- Raymond Van Barneveld beats Phil Taylor 7-6 in sets to win the 2007 PDC World Darts Championship and collects £100,000.
- The First ever episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures called Invasion of the Bane was aired
- The Bulgarian political party Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, which had only been founded on 2006-12-03 by Sofia mayor Boyko Borisov, instantly comes second in a public poll on party support, trailing only the Bulgarian Socialist Party. (Angus-Reid)
- The Palestinian factional violence flares up again. (Ynet)
- Prime Minister Ali Mohammed Gedi calls for a disarmament of the country's militias and businesses, and offers an amnesty to former members of the Islamic militias. (Shabelle)
- Slovenia adopts the euro, replacing the tolar and becoming the second enlargement to the eurozone. (BBC)
- CITIC, a state-owned investment enterprise of the Chinese government, buys Nations Energy Company, a Canadian petroleum extraction company, giving it a majority stake in KazMunayGas, the state-owned oil and gas company in Kazakhstan, for USD $1.91 billion. The deal is highly controversial because of the amount of control China now has over Kazakhstan's natural resources. Kazakh Oil Minister Baktykozha Izmukhambetov has criticized the deal since it was first considered in October 2006. (The
- The Armenian government detains citizen Vahan Aroyan for allegedly plotting a coup d'état against Armenian President Robert Kocharyan. The Association of Armenian Volunteers, a political opposition group, denounces Aroyan's detainment, saying the move is an attempt to silence dissidence. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- In Switzerland civil unions for same-sex partners are possible. (Tagesanzeiger)
Sport Games on 1 January 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Crystal Palace - Norwich : 3 - 1
- Ipswich - Birmingham : 1 - 0
- Leeds - Coventry : 2 - 1
- Leicester - Sunderland : 0 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burton - Stafford Rangers : 0 - 0
- Crawley Town - Dag and Red : 0 - 0
- Exeter - Oxford : 2 - 1
- Forest Green - Weymouth : 3 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Brighton : 1 - 0
- Carlisle - Bradford : 1 - 0
- Chesterfield - Blackpool : 2 - 0
- Doncaster - Huddersfield : 3 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Boston - Barnet : 2 - 1
- Bristol Rvs - Torquay : 1 - 0
- Grimsby - Rochdale : 0 - 4
- Macclesfield - Lincoln : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Ciara - Promise
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- My Love - Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- Unk - Walk It Out
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Dime (Tell Me) - Pitbull Featuring Frankie J & Ken-Y
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Chiquilla - A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Kumbia All Starz
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Me Matas - RKM & Ken-Y
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
Top #12 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Akon - Smack That
- Just Jack - Starz In Their Eyes
- Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
There were at least 155 killings and unexplained deaths of journalists and news media workers worldwide in 2006, 68 of which occurred in Iraq. [..]
A growing genre of cruises feature popular authors who give readings and seminars — even knitting lessons — to boatfuls of book lovers. [..]
- 1 CAD = 1.0451 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9616 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9198 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3872 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?