Thursday 1 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Lewis (writer) and Zenna Henderson.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1917 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Richard Lewis (writer)
- Zenna Henderson: American science-fiction writer, one of the first women in the genre to write under her own name without disguising her gender.
- Zenna [Chlarson] Henderson: United States -- Sci-fi author (Anything Box).
- Richard Lewis: American writer, professor, critic and scholar.
- Jean Vaysse: Le Mans physician.
- Clarence E Miller: American politician.
- R Lewis: American scholar and critic (d. 2002).
- Clarence Miller: Blues / jazz vocalist, dies at 69 of a heart attack.
- Siegfried Jamrowski: Russian-German soldier and pilot (d. 2012).
- Margaret Taylor Burroughs: US author / house painter (Black Queen).
- In WWI, the 1st US soldiers are killed in combat
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye Broadway, hello France - Peerless Quartet
- Nora Bayes - Over There
- 12th Street Rag - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra