Friday 1 November 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Grech and Jean-Paul Villain.
The Devil's Playground, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1946 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Rick Grech: British rock bassist (Blind Faith, Traffic), dies at age 44 (born 1946).
- Jean-Paul Villain: French athlete primarily known for running the Steeplechase.
- Ric Grech: French-English bass player (Family Ginger Baker's Air Force Blind Faith and Traffic) (d. 1990).
- Dennis Muren: American special effects artist.
- Stephen Rea: Actor.
- Yuko Shimizu: Japanese graphic designer created Hello Kitty.
- Lynne Russell: American journalist and author.
- Paul Villain
- Charles S Johnson becomes 1st black President of Fisk University
- German Country Nedersaksen forms
- Marken soccer team forms
- WABC becomes WCBS radio in New York City
- WEAF radio changes call letters to WNBC (NYC)
- West German state of Niedersachsen forms.
- New York Knicks first basketball game, beating Toronto Huskies 68-66.
- The New York Knicks played against the Toronto Huskies at the Maple Leaf Gardens, in the first Basketball Association of America game. The Knicks would win 68-66.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra