Thursday 1 November 2007US date format: 11/1/2007, UK date format: 1/11/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Big Stan, directed by Rob Schneider, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Dark Of The Moon by John Sandford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gangland.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Champions of Regnum or Assassin's Creed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 November 2007 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 November
- S Ali Raza: Bollywood Screenwriter (Born 1922).
- The Swedish Mint () in Eskilstuna, Sweden, loses the competition to produce Swedish national coins to Rahapaja OY of Finland, ending a more than 1000-year-long tradition of minting Swedish coins in Sweden. (Dagens Nyheter)
- Automaker Chrysler announces plans for cutting an additional 12,000 jobs worldwide as part of a major restructuring plan. (AP via CNN)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges over 360 points, or 2.6%, in its worst daily loss since February 27. Similar percentage losses occurred in Europe earlier in the day. (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Noel strengthens into a Category 1 hurricane and heads towards Bermuda having killed at least 108 people so far. (Reuters)
- Benazir Bhutto leaves Karachi for United Arab Emirates amidst speculations that President Pervez Musharraf might impose martial law in Pakistan. (Dailyindia.com/ANI)
- 2007 Tabasco flood: Massive flooding hits the Mexican state of Tabasco, with Governor Andrés Granier estimating that 80% of its 25,000 km² surface area is underwater. (El Universal)
- Flash floods in central Vietnam kill at least 13 people and injure 31 with 14,000 homes submerged in Quang Tri, Quang Binh and Quang Nam provinces. (Reuters)
- A suicide bomber attacks a bus carrying Pakistan Air Force personnel in Punjab resulting in at least five deaths and 40 people being injured. (AP via NYT)
Sport Games on 1 November 2007
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Osnabruck - FC Koln : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Murcia : 0 - 0
- Valladolid - Barcelona : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Rushden & D - Oxford : 5 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - No One
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Kanye West Featuring T-Pain - Good Life
- Duffle Bag Boy - Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne
- Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown Featuring T-Pain
- Trey Songz - Can't Help But Wait
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Shawty Is A 10 - The-Dream
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A banking analyst said Citigroup may be forced to cut its dividend or sell assets to stave off a $30 billion capital shortfall, moves that could lower shareholder returns for years. [..]
Scottish & Newcastle, fighting a takeover bid from Carlsberg, started arbitration aimed at forcing Carlsberg to give up its stake in a joint venture the companies share in Russia. Scottish & Newcastle said it would ask a Swedish tribunal “to confi... [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $126.95
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.11
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $51.22
- 1 CAD = 1.2171 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0564 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8675 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4056 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?