Thursday 1 August 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Artur Brauner and Cheryl Walker.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1918 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Artur Brauner
- Paul D. Boyer: Scientist.
- Cheryl Walker: Model.
- T Jemison: American minister and activist (d. 2013).
- Richard Pearson: Welsh-English actor (d. 2011).
- John Riley Banister: American cowboy and Texas Ranger (Born 1854).
- British troops enter Vladivostok
- Pittsburgh Pirates beat Boston Braves, 2-0, in 21 innings.
- British anti-Bolshevik forces occupy Archangel, Russia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields