Thursday 1 August 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Artur Brauner and Cheryl Walker.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1918 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Artur Brauner
- Cheryl Walker: Model.
- T Jemison: American minister and activist (d. 2013).
- Richard Pearson: Welsh-English actor (d. 2011).
- John Riley Banister: American cowboy and Texas Ranger (Born 1854).
- British troops enter Vladivostok
- Pittsburgh Pirates beat Boston Braves, 2-0, in 21 innings.
- British anti-Bolshevik forces occupy Archangel, Russia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields