Thursday 1 September 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Higgins Doran and Willem Frederik Hermans.
The Blot, directed by Lois Weber, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1921 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Matt Higgins Doran: Composer.
- Willem Frederik Hermans: Dutch writer (Mandarins on Sulfuric Acid).
- Willem Hermans: Dutch writer, physicist, geologist, novelist, poet, also playwright, existentialist.
- Edward Fris: Orient Military man.
- Madhav Mantri: Indian cricketer (d. 2014).
- Nederlander Theater opens at 208 W 41 St. NYC (Billy Rose, Trafalgar)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?