Thursday 1 September 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willem Frederik Hermans and Matt Higgins Doran.
The Blot, directed by Lois Weber, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1921 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Matt Higgins Doran: Composer.
- Willem Frederik Hermans: Dutch writer (Mandarins on Sulfuric Acid).
- Willem Hermans: Dutch writer, physicist, geologist, novelist, poet, also playwright, existentialist.
- Edward Fris: Orient Military man.
- Madhav Mantri: Indian cricketer (d. 2014).
- Nederlander Theater opens at 208 W 41 St. NYC (Billy Rose, Trafalgar)