Wednesday 2 August 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Laxalt and Betsy Bloomingdale.
The Song of the Lark, directed by Karen Arthur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1922 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Paul Laxalt: (Senator-Republican-Nevada).
- Betsy Bloomingdale: American socialite formerly married to entrepreneur Alfred Bloomingdale and in the same social circle as the Reagans, a friend of Nancy.
- Gábor Agárdy: Hungarian actor (d. 2006).
- Geoffrey Dutton: Australian historian and author (d. 1998).
- China, hit by a typhoon; about 60,000 die
- A typhoon hits Shantou, Republic of China killing more than 50,000 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Stumbling - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- California - Van & Schenck