Saturday 19 August 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas MacKenzie Davey and Jean Frézal.
Blood and Sand, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1922 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Douglas MacKenzie Davey: Psychometrist.
- Jean Frézal: French physician, genetics specialist, and founder in 1968 of the first French laboratory mapping human genes associated with a clinical unit.
- Leopold Anoul: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jean Frezal: Pourges physician.
- Felipe Pedrell: Spanish Catalan composer.
- 36th US Womens Tennis: Molla B Mallory beats Helen Wills Moody (63 61)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Stumbling - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?