Tuesday 2 August 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Valère and Ira Progoff.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1921 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Simone Valère: French actress who appeared in more than forty films from 1941 to 1993.
- Ira Progoff: American author and doctor of psychology.
- Louis Chambon: Arles physician.
- Jean Coursaget: Confolens physician.
- Elaine Dundy: Novelist.
- Alan Whicker: Egyptian-English journalist (d. 2013).
- Jean Crosnier: Aubervilliers physician.
- Simone Valere: Paris 10éme Actor.
- Enrico Caruso: Italian opera singer with a brilliant voice, world known as one of the greatest tenors in history.
- Chicago jury brings in not guilty verdict against the Black Sox