Sunday 6 August 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Freddie Laker and Freddie Laker.
Blood and Sand, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1922 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- California - Van & Schenck
- Stumbling - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?