Sunday 6 August 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Freddie Laker and Daniel Walker.
A Trip to Paramountown, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1922 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Stumbling - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- California - Van & Schenck