Tuesday 8 August 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rory Calhoun and Rudi Gernreich.
A Trip to Paramountown, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1922 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Rory Calhoun: American actor on-screen from 1944 in feature films, including "River of No Return" and "Black Spurs.
- Michael Parkin: Journalist.
- Rudi Gernreich: Austrian-American fashion designer created the Monokini (d. 1985).
- Gertrude Himmelfarb: American historian author and academic.
- Károly Reich: Hungarian illustrator (d. 1988).
- Italian general strike broken by fascist terror
- Pirates set record of 46 hits in a doubleheader (against Phillies)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Somewhere
- Romany Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Love Her-She Loves Me (I'm Her He-She's My She) - Eddie Cantor