Monday August 28, 1922
US date format: 8/28/1922, UK date format: 28/8/1922
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 28, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
The Egg, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 28, 1922?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- 1st Walker Cup: US beats England 8-4
- Louis PMFG of Orleans: Earl of Eu / Brazil, dies at 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 28, 1922?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Neath the South Sea Moon
- Edwin Dale - In May Time (I Learned to Love)
- Carl Fenton & His Orchestra - Parade of the Wooden Soldiers