Friday 2 August 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doris Kenner in Passaic and Jurgen Draeger.
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1940 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Doris Kenner in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; singer (Shirelles - "Soldier Boy").
- Jurgen Draeger: German actor, painter and draftsman.
- Beko Ransome-Kuti: Nigerian physician and activist (d. 2006).
- Will Tura: Belgian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Clermont-Ferrand sentences General Charles de Gaulle to death
- KL-House of saxon and commandos focus on Gross Rosen, Silesia
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?