Tuesday 15 August 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lukas Foss and Dodge City (Kansas).
Blood and Sand, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1922 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Dodge City (Kansas)
- Lukas Foss: German-American wunderkind musician, a composer, conductor and pianist.
- Lukas Foss [Fuchs]: Berlin, Germany -- Composer (Prairie).
- Leonard Baskin: American sculptor and graphic artist (d. 2000).
- Giorgos Mouzakis: Greek trumpet player and composer (d. 2005).
- Sabino Barinaga: Spanish footballer and manager (d. 1988).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Somewhere
- Romany Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Love Her-She Loves Me (I'm Her He-She's My She) - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?