Wednesday 16 August 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis E Lomax and Gene Woodling.
A Trip to Paramountown, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1922 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Louis E Lomax: Author.
- Gene Woodling: American baseball player, and outfielder with the Cleveland Indians, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Yankees, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Senators, and the New York Mets.
- James Casey: English comedian radio scriptwriter and producer (d. 2011).
- Ernie Freeman: American pianist and bandleader (d. 2001).
- AT&T radio station WBAY becomes WEAF (NYC)