Monday 10 December 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hélène Martin and John Colicos.
A Woman of Affairs, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1928 ?
- Hélène Martin: French singer-songwriter who has devoted her career to the musical interpretation of poetry.
- John Colicos: Canadian film and TV star, extensive work in supporting roles, "Postman Always Rings Twice" and a recurring figure in the '90s Star Trek TV series.
- Barbara Nichols: Actress (Pajama Game, Loved One), dies at 46.
- Dan Blocker: American television actor and Korean War veteran, best remembered for his role as Eric 'Hoss' Cartwright in the long-running NBC western television series "Bonanza.
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Scottish architect, designer, and illustrator (Born 1868).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Sorry, Sally - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?