Tuesday 2 December 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Haig and Jack Davis (cartoonist).
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1924 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Alexander Haig: American Soldier & Civil servant, 7th Supreme Allied Commander Europe, 5th White House Chief of Staff and 59th United States Secretary of State (d. 2010).
- Jack Davis (cartoonist)
- Jonathan Frid: Actor (Barnabas Collins-Dark Shadows).
- Vilgot Sjoman: Swedish writer and film director (d. 2006).
- Frank Elliott: American military, a US Air Force Major General.
- Vilgot Sjöman: Swedish actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Kazimieras Buga: Lithuanian philologist (Born 1879).
- British-German trade agreement signed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where the Dreamy Wabash Flows - Irving Kaufman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?