Saturday 6 December 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Foster in Chicago and Wally Cox in Detroit.
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1924 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Susan Foster in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Sierra).
- Wally Cox in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Mr Peepers, Hollywood Squares).
- Wally Cox: American character actor and comedian, remembered mostly as the TV actor, Mr.
- Susanna Foster: American singer and actress, promoted as a juvenile player in 1939 by MGM in "The Great Victor Herbert," followed by a dozen more singing pictures.
- Gene Stratton-Porter: American author, screenwriter and naturalist (Born 1863).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Song of Songs
- Some Other Day, Some Other Girl - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?