Friday 12 December 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Miroglio and Nevit Kodali.
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1924 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Francis Miroglio: Composer.
- Nevit Kodali: Composer.
- Olivier Gendebien: Belgian auto racer.
- Edward I Koch in New York City: New York, USA; mayor (Democrat-New York, 1977-89), judge (People's Court).
- Robert Coogan: American actor (d. 1978).
- Jorge Gallardo Gomez: Costa Rican painter and writer.
- Caroline Gubbe: American astrologer, joined AFA in December 1970.
- Louis Hauge: American military. United States Marine who posthumously received his nation's highest military honor — the Medal of Honor — for his actions during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II. He died 14 May 1945.
- Koch : American lawyer, TV judge, politician and author. He was the ebullient Mayor of New York City from 1977 to a third four-year term November 1985. A corruptions scandal rocked his career in 1986 but did not sully his clean record. A politician since the late 1950s, a Congressman in 1968, serving for nine years and New York's 105th Mayor for 12 years, he left office December 1989, replaced by David Dinkins.
- Ray Cordeiro: Hong Kong radio and television host
- Ed Koch: American lawyer judge and politician 105th Mayor of New York City (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Song of Songs
- Some Other Day, Some Other Girl - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?