Sunday 2 November 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Artur Semedo and Pierre Huguenard.
Galloping Bungalows, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1924 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Artur Semedo: Portuguese director and actor on stage, in film and on television.
- (Father) David Bauer: Canadian ice hockey player and priest (d. 1988).
- Pierre Huguenard: French professor of medicine, anesthesiologist and researcher who died on 4 March 2006.
- Romeo Ventres: American chemical engineer and CEO of Borden, a dairy lines company that diversified into snacks, potato chips and pasta.
- David Bauer: Canadian ice hockey player and priest (Born 1924).
- Rudy Van Gelder: American record producer and engineer.
- Sunday Express publishes 1st British crossword puzzle
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians