Monday 8 December 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oswaldo Sargentelli and Lucio Colletti.
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1924 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Oswaldo Sargentelli
- Lucio Colletti
- Pierre Jeannin: French historian, specializing in Northern Europe, a professor at the Institute of Political Studies in Paris (1952-1964), then at the Sorbonne, and finally Director of Studies at the EHESS (School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences).
- Lionel Gilbert: Australian historian author and academic (d. 2015).
- Franz X Scharwenka: German pianist/composer ("Mataswintha"), dies at age 74.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Song of Songs
- Some Other Day, Some Other Girl - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?