Monday 2 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Rostenkowski and Howard Caine in Nashville.
Surrender, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1928 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Dan Rostenkowski
- Howard Caine in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Brushfire, Hogan's Heroes, War and Remembrance), voice actor (Jonny Quest, Challenge of the Go-Bots, Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo) (dies 1993).
- Tiberiu Olah: Composer.
- Harry Hyams: English immovable goods owner (Center Point).
- Dan Rostenkowski American politician (Representative-Democrat-Illinois: -1994), House Ways and Means Committee chair.
- Vaughn Beals in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; CEO (Harley Davidson motorcycle).
- Daisaku Ikeda: Japanese writer.
- Gerhard Amanshauser: Writer.
- Daniel Rostenkowski: American politician, a veteran of the House for 36 years and the quintessential congressional deal-maker.
- Pierre Grandmottet: Bourg physician.
- Avie Bennett: Canadian businessman and philanthropist.
- Robert Goralski: American journalist and author (d. 1988).
- Kate Molale: South African activist and politician (d. 1980).
- Pietro Broccini: Italian soccer player.