Thursday 2 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janis Kepitis and Ben Grauer in New York City.
Barberaren i Sevilla, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1908 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Janis Kepitis: composer.
- Ben Grauer in New York City: New York, USA; child actor, TV and radio announcer (NBC, 1932-73) (dies 1977).
- Stephan Tschudi: Norwegian theologian, minister, and writer.
- Canadian branch of the Royal Mint opens in Ottawa
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted - Harry Macdonough
- Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes) - Byron G. Harlan
- Take Me Back to New York Town - Billy Murray
- The Bully - May Irwin
- You've Got to Love Me a Lot - Ada Jones & Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?