Thursday 2 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janis Kepitis and Ben Grauer in New York City.
The Last Cartridge, an Incident of the Sepoy Rebellion in India, directed by Unknown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1908 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Janis Kepitis: composer.
- Ben Grauer in New York City: New York, USA; child actor, TV and radio announcer (NBC, 1932-73) (dies 1977).
- Stephan Tschudi: Norwegian theologian, minister, and writer.
- Canadian branch of the Royal Mint opens in Ottawa