Friday 2 January 1942US date format: 1/2/1942, UK date format: 2/1/1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 2, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Hammarberg and Jakob Bösch.
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1942 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Jakob Bösch: Swiss author and retired psychiatrist,...
- Thomas Hammarberg: Swedish lawyer and diplomat.
- Dennis Hastert: American educator and politician 59th...
- Ray Moore: English radio host (d. 1989).
- Hugh Shelton: 15th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of...
- 28 nations, at war with Axis, pledge no separate peace
- The 28 nations at war with the Axis pledge no separate peace.
- Japanese troops occupy Manila, Philippines.
- German troops in Bardia surrender.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) convicts 33 members of a German spy ring headed by Fritz Joubert Duquesne in the largest espionage case in United States history--the Duquesne Spy Ring