Wednesday 2 January 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Marleix and Jean-Bernard Pouy.
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1946 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Alain Marleix: French politician who was the Secretary of State for Veterans in the government of François Fillon from June 2007 to March 2008.
- Jean-Bernard Pouy: French journalist, editor and writer, an author of espionage novels.
- Sonny Ruberto: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 2014).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?