Saturday 26 January 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Delpech and Christopher Hampton.
The Spiral Staircase, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1946 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Michel Delpech: French singer, songwriter, and occasionally actor, most popular in his country for his hits "Chez Laurette", "Wight is Wight", "Les Divorcés".
- Christopher Hampton: Portuguese-English director screenwriter and playwright.
- Henri Bertholet
- Gene Siskel: American journalist and critic (d. 1999).
- Deon Jackson: American singer-songwriter (d. 2014).
- Sandy Hughes: American-Canadian astrologer, a British Columbia resident who is noted for her work as a conference coordinator.
- Jean-Louis Arne: French ophthalmologist.
- Timothy Clifford: director (National Galleries of Scotland).
- Adriaan van Maanen: Dutch-American astronomer and academic (d. 1946).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Personality
- Oh! What It Seemed to Be - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra (Vocal Marjorie Hughes)