Sunday 13 January 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Augert and Ordal Demokan.
The Harvey Girls, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 January 1946 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Jean-Pierre Augert: French alpine skier who competed in the 1968 Winter Olympics with the French team led by Jean-Claude Killy.
- Ordal Demokan: Turkish physicist and academic (d. 2004).
- Eero Koivistoinen: Finnish saxophonist composer and conductor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Symphony - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?