Thursday 10 January 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 10, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Beller and Joseph McMoneagle.
My Reputation, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 January 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1946 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Georges Beller
- Joseph McMoneagle: American parapsychologist, an outstanding researcher in the field of RV (Remote Viewing).
- Aynsley Dunbar: English drummer and songwriter (The Jeff Beck Group Journey Jefferson Starship UFO The Mojos and John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers).
- Earl McCullouch: American pro athlete, professional football player and a track and field champion.
- Bob Lang: Rock bassist (Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders).
- Robert Gadocha: Polish footballer.
- Earl Mc: Clarksville sports Champions.
- Alexis Nihon: Jr in the Bahamas; wrestler (Olympics-1968).
- Daniel Giraud: French essayist, translator, and poet.
- 1st radar contact with Moon
- UN General Assembly meets for 1st time (London)
- US Army establishes first radar contact with Moon, from Belmar, New Jersey.
- The first General Assembly of the United Nations opens in London. Fifty-one nations are represented.
- The United States Army Signal Corps successfully conducts Project Diana, bouncing radio waves off the moon and receiving the reflected signals.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Symphony - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians