Thursday 3 January 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Paul Jones (musician) and Lita Albuquerque.
The Harvey Girls, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1946 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- John Paul Jones (musician)
- Lita Albuquerque: American contemporary artist, known by 1978 when sales of her work were commanding $45,000.
- Cissy King: American entertainer, a singer and dancer on the long-running Lawrence Welk Show.
- John Jones: Bassist.
- Michalis Kritikopoulos: Greek footballer (d. 2002).
- William Joyce: American-Irish soldier and politician (d. 1946).
- Great Britain, Canada, and the United States make their first public disclosures about their chemical and biological warfare efforts during the war. American authorities reveal that they were prepared to act both defensively and offensively if Germany or Japan had started such warfare against the Allies.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Symphony
- Buzz Me - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five