Saturday 5 January 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane Keaton and André Ceccarelli.
Shock, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 5 January 1946 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Diane Keaton: American actress whose professional stage debut was in "Hair," 1968.
- André Ceccarelli: French jazz drummer, known from collaborations with the likes of Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Sting, and so forth.
- "Crazy Barret Diamond" Syd: Rocker (Pink Floyd).
- Diane Keaton in Louisiana: USA; actress (Annie Hall, Little Drummer Girl).
- Tomohito: Prince Tomohito of Mikasa (d. 2012).
- Kitty Cheatham: American singer (Born 1864).
- Show Boat opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 417 performances
- The US resumes diplomatic relationships with Siam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Symphony
- Buzz Me - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?