Tuesday 1 January 1946, NewYear’s Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Rivelino and Manfred Stengl.
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 1 January 1946 ?
- Roberto Rivelino
- Manfred Stengl: Austria -- 2 man lugist (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rivelino: Brazilian football player.
- Rick Hurst in Houston: Texas, USA; actor (The Dukes of Hazzard).
- Carl B Hamilton: Swedish economist and politician.
- Susannah McCorkle: American jazz singer, prolific though not too commercially successful.
- Wayne Perry: American broadcaster of a radio talk show in Los Angeles called "Heart Touch.
- Rivellino : Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Carl Hamilton: Swedish economist and politician.
- Shelby Steele: American journalist author and director.
- Emperor Hirohito of Japan announces he is not a god
- ENIAC, US 1st computer finished by Mauchly / Eckert
- National Assembly proclaims Hungary a republic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?