Sunday 6 January 1946, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Jackson in Hattiesburg and Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett in Cambridge.
Shock, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1946 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Harold Jackson in Hattiesburg: Mississippi, USA; NFL wide receiver (Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots).
- Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett in Cambridge: England; lead guitarist (Pink Floyd - "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn").
- Syd Barrett: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Pink Floyd) (Born 1946).
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Quemadmodum
- A revised and streamlined revival of Kern and Hammerstein's ''Show Boat'' opens on Broadway at the Ziegfeld Theatre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Symphony
- Buzz Me - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?