Friday 25 January 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Paule Belle and Ronnie Brandon.
The Spiral Staircase, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1946 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Marie-Paule Belle
- Silvio Blatter: Writer.
- Ronnie Brandon: rocker (McCoys).
- Josephine M: Verspaget; sociologist/Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Yann Dedet: French actor, screenwriter and director.
- Doc Bundy: American race car driver and technician.
- The United Mine Workers rejoins the American Federation of Labor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Personality
- Oh! What It Seemed to Be - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra (Vocal Marjorie Hughes)