Sunday 20 January 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Lynch and Susan Vreeland.
A Letter for Evie, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1946 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- David Lynch: American director and screenwriter, one of the most talented and imaginative contemporary film makers of the 20th century.
- Susan Vreeland: Author.
- David Lynch in Missoula: Montana, USA; actor/director (Blue Velvet, Dune, Eraserhead, Twin Peaks).
- Vladimír Merta: Czech singer-songwriter guitarist and journalist.
- F Gouin follows Charles De Gaulle as temporary leader of French government.
- Charles de Gaulle resigns as president of France.