Friday 4 January 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Sumner and Susannah McCorkle.
Shock, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1946 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Bernard Sumner: rocker (New Order - "Round and Round").
- Susannah McCorkle: American jazz singer (d. 2001).
- DrSRajasekharan: Indian poet and critic.
- Lisa Appignanesi: Lisa Appignanesi Polish-English author and academic.
- Arthur Conley: American singer-songwriter (d. 2003).
- S Rajasekharan: Indian poet and critic
- Barney Oldfield: Daredevil, dies at 67.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?