Saturday 12 January 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 12, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Duke and Cynthia Robinson.
My Reputation, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1946 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- George Duke: American musician, a jazz and rock keyboardist who has played with the likes of Anita Baker, Frank Zappa and Miles Davis.
- Cynthia Robinson: rock trumpeteer (Sly and Family Stone - "Everyday People").
- Lady Cosgrove: Scottish judiciary figure.
- Hazel Cosgrove: Lady Cosgrove Scottish lawyer and judge.
- Polonaise closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 113 performances
- NFL champs Cleveland Rams given permission to move to Los Angeles
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Symphony - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians