Friday 2 July 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Godefroot and Pierre Michel (judge).
Stage Door Canteen, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1943 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Walter Godefroot: Dutch pro cyclist, winner of a championship in the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Pierre Michel (judge)
- Ivi Eenmaa: Estonian politician 36th Mayor of Tallinn.
- Larry Lake: American-Canadian trumpet player and composer (d. 2013).
- Gulf of Biskaje: Liberator bombers sinks U-126
- Indians score 12 runs in 4th inning and beat Yankees 12-0
- Lt Charles Hall, becomes 1st black pilot to shoot down Nazi plane
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?