Tuesday 2 October 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joaquín Galarza and Clay Felker in Saint Louis.
The Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1928 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Joaquín Galarza
- Clay Felker in Saint Louis: Illinois, USA; journalist (New York Herald Tribune, Esquire).
- George Emmett McFarland: Dallas, Texas -- Act (Spanky-Our Gang / Little Rascals).
- James Porter: CEO (Commonwealth Institute).
- Robin Duthie: CEO (Britoil).
- Anthony Tippett: British chief of Fleet Support.
- Oswalt Kolle: German sex educator, who became famous during the late 1960s and early 1970s for his numerous pioneering books and films on human sexuality.
- George McFarland: American actor most famous for his appearances as a child in the Our Gang comedy series, 1932-1942.
- Wolfhart Pannenberg: Polish-German theologian and academic (d. 2014).
- George ''Spanky'' McFarland: American actor (d. 1993).
- The ''Prelature of the Holy Cross and the Work of God'', commonly known as Opus Dei, is founded by Saint Josemaria Escriva.