Tuesday 2 October 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Tippett and Clay Felker in Saint Louis.
The Wedding March, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1928 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Anthony Tippett: British chief of Fleet Support.
- Clay Felker in Saint Louis: Illinois, USA; journalist (New York Herald Tribune, Esquire).
- George Emmett McFarland: Dallas, Texas -- Act (Spanky-Our Gang / Little Rascals).
- James Porter: CEO (Commonwealth Institute).
- Robin Duthie: CEO (Britoil).
- George ''Spanky'' McFarland: American actor (d. 1993)
- Oswalt Kolle: German sex educator, who became famous during the late 1960s and early 1970s for his numerous pioneering books and films on human sexuality. His work was translated into all major languages, while his films found an audience of 140 million worldwide. In his 1997 book Open to Both Sides he came out as a bisexual. He was awarded the Magnus Hirschfeld Medal in 2000.
- George McFarland: American actor most famous for his appearances as a child in the Our Gang comedy series, 1932-1942.
- Wolfhart Pannenberg: Polish-German theologian and academic (d. 2014)
- The ''Prelature of the Holy Cross and the Work of God'', commonly known as Opus Dei, is founded by Saint Josemaria Escriva.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?