Monday 2 September 1929US date format: 9/2/1929, UK date format: 2/9/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Dupont and Hal Ashby.
St. Louis Blues, directed by Dudley Murphy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1929 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- René Dupont
- Hal Ashby: Academy-award winning director, dies of cancer at 59.
- Victor Spinetti: Welsh actor and director (d. 2012).
- Eugéne Brulé: Le Sel de Bretagne Journalist.
- Hal Ashby: American film director and editor associated with the New Hollywood wave of filmmaking.
- Beulah Bewley: English physician and academic.
- Rene DuPont: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop of Andong, South Korea.
- Claude Guilhot: French jazz vibraphonist and band leader (Claude Guilhot Quartet).
- Unilever forms by merger of Margarine Union and Lever Bros
- WOR (NYC) ends affiliation with CBS radio network