Monday 2 September 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hal Ashby and Rene DuPont.
Our Modern Maidens, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1929 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Hal Ashby: American film director and editor associated with the New Hollywood wave of filmmaking.
- Rene DuPont: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop of Andong, South Korea.
- Claude Guilhot: French jazz vibraphonist and band leader (Claude Guilhot Quartet).
- Eugéne Brulé: Le Sel de Bretagne Journalist.
- Beulah Bewley: English physician and academic.
- Victor Spinetti: Welsh actor and director (d. 2012)
- Unilever forms by merger of Margarine Union and Lever Bros
- WOR (NYC) ends affiliation with CBS radio network
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?