Saturday 1 September 2007US date format: 9/1/2007, UK date format: 1/9/2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Loving Frank by Nancy Horan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CellFactor: Revolution or B-17: Fortress in the Sky.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 September 2007 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 September
- Dave Zabriski, an American professional cyclist, defended his National Time Trial Championship by winning by 2 seconds in Greenville, SC.
- The Church of Uganda, the Anglican province of Uganda, appoints a bishop in the United States, John Guernsey, deepening a split with the Episcopal Church over the ordination of gay priests and bishops. (BBC)
- World Championships in Athletics: American athlete Tyson Gay wins his third medal of the championship as part of the 100 metres relay team after earlier winning gold medals in the 100 metres and 200 metres. (Reuters)
- The Sri Lankan Army captures territory near Mannar from the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) after a week of heavy fighting. (AFP via Lanka Business Online)
- Protesters in Southeast Aceh try to stop the swearing in of the regent and deputy regent with riot police using tear gas and water cannon to disperse the crowd resulting in 26 people being injured. (Reuters Alertnet)
- In a stunning college football upset, Appalachian State defeated #5-ranked Michigan at Michigan Stadium by a score of 34-32. This is the first time a team from the second-tier NCAA Division I FCS has defeated an AP-ranked Division I FBS opponent. Armanti Edwards was the quarterback for the underdog Mountaineers. (Ann Arbor News)
- Eleven World Wrestling Entertainment performers are suspended for suspected illegal steroid abuse. (Newsday)
- Thousands of former military officers protest in Yemen with Yemeni riot police firing bullets and tear gas to disperse them. (AP via CNN)
- The United Nations launches a food assistance program to assist Iraqi refugees in Syria. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- Two small planes collide during an air show in Radom, Poland resulting in the deaths of both pilots (Marek Dubkiewicz and Sebastian Chrząszcz) . (AP via Sydney Morning Herald)
- The National Assembly of Panama selects Pedro Miguel González Pinzón as its President despite the fact that he is wanted in the United States for an alleged murder of a United States Army sergeant and the attempted murder of another. González has been cleared by a Panamanian court of these charges. (AP via the Guardian)
- Iraq is to free up to 6,000 Sunni insurgents in an attempt at reconciliation by the Government. (The Telegraph)
- French and Spanish police foil an ETA car bomb plot and arrest the man who is alleged to be the organisations top bombmaker and his accomplices. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei appoints Mohammed Ali Jafari to replace General Yahya Rahim Safavi as the leader of the Revolutionary Guard. (The Canadian Press via Google News)
- Former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto promises to return to Pakistan very soon. (Daily Telegraph)
- Idaho Republican Senator Larry Craig resigns from the United States Senate effective 30 September following a guilty plea to a disorderly conduct charge following his arrest in a restroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. (Wikinews)
- 2007 Ogaden conflict: International aid agency Médecins Sans Frontières has accused Ethiopia of denying it access to the country's eastern Ogaden region. (BBC News)
- The Second Tuareg Rebellion spreads rapidly as a Malian army colonel has deserted to join a Tuareg rebellion in the northern desert, taking with him nearly 60 fighters. (Reuters)
- New gambling legislation comes into effect in the United Kingdom, relaxing advertising restrictions and extending opening hours. (The Telegraph)
- Hurricanes and tropical storms:
Sport Games on 1 September 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Empoli - Inter : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Gent : 4 - 1
- Dender - St Truiden : 1 - 0
- FC Brussels - Roeselare : 0 - 0
- Genk - Westerlo : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Nurnberg : 1 - 1
- Duisburg - Bielefeld : 3 - 0
- Hannover - Bochum : 3 - 2
- Hansa Rostock - Dortmund : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Levante - Murcia : 0 - 0
- Zaragoza - Santander : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Y Si Te Digo - Fanny Lu
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
President Bush announced several steps to help Americans who have credit problems meet the rising cost of their housing loans. [..]
Ben S. Bernanke said the central bank “stands ready to take additional actions as needed” to prevent chaos in the mortgage markets from derailing the economy. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?