Saturday 15 September 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, directed by Andrew Dominik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Play Dirty by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lud, zbunjen, normalan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arctic Tale or Akatsuki Blitzkampf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 15 September 2007 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- Wildfires force the evacuation of thousands of residents of San Bernardino and San Diego Counties in the U.S. state of California. (AP via Fox News)
- The ''Washington Post'' reports that the NATO-led Coalition Force in Afghanistan intercepted a shipment of Iranian arms intended for the Taliban. (UPI)
- A bus crash in the western Mexican state of Nayarit kills at least 18 and injures 13. Many of the passengers were from a flight from Phoenix, Arizona, USA, to Guadalajara, Jalisco, that was forced to divert to Puerto Vallarta. (Canadian Press)
- Over 190 anti-Iraq War protesters are arrested outside the United States Capitol. (AP)
- The new cruise ferry Color Magic was christened in Kiel.The ship is the largest cruise ferry in the world.She was christened by the German actress Veronica Ferres.
- Sierra Leone's ruling People's Party seeks an injunction against the National Electoral Commission publishing further results of the 2007 general election with results published so far showing Opposition candidate for president Ernest Bai Koroma in the lead. (BBC)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Ingrid weakens to a tropical depression. (CNN)
- At least 10 people are killed and 15 wounded in a suicide bombing outside a Baghdad bakery as residents prepared to break their Ramadan fast. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Floods in Ghana displace 260,000 people with similar problems in Mali and neighbouring countries in West Africa. (SAPA-DPA via Independent Online South Africa)
- Melting sea ice in the Arctic Ocean opens up the Northwest Passage between Europe, Asia and North America. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Negotiations between General Motors and the United Automobile Workers continue in Detroit, Michigan past the deadline with a strike to start if negotiations fail. (NYT)
- Nineteen people are killed in Sri Lanka as a result of a roadside bomb and fighting between the Sri Lankan Army and the Tamil Tigers. (AP via IHT)
- Zhao Yan, a Chinese journalist working for the ''New York Times'', is released from jail in China after serving a three year sentence for ampquotleaking state secretsampquot. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 September 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Lazio - Empoli : 0 - 0
- Siena - Milan : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Waregem : 2 - 2
- Bergen - FC Brussels : 2 - 1
- Club Brugge - Lokeren : 1 - 1
- Germinal - Charleroi : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Schalke 04 : 1 - 1
- Bielefeld - Hansa Rostock : 4 - 2
- Ein Frankfurt - Hamburg : 2 - 1
- Leverkusen - Bochum : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Zaragoza : 1 - 1
- Real Madrid - Almeria : 3 - 1
- Valencia - Valladolid : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?