Tuesday 18 September 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, directed by Andrew Dominik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shua Qalaqshi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arena Football: Road to Glory or AstroMenace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2007 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- Pepsi Tate: Welsh bassist (tigertailz) (Born 1965).
- The Federal Reserve cuts interest rates in the U.S. by half a point (0.5 percent) for the first time since 2006 to ease the ongoing panic in the financial markets due to the subprime mortgage crisis.
- Pervez Musharraf announces that he will step down as army chief and restore civilian rule to Pakistan, but only after he is re-elected president.
- Buddhist monks join anti-government protesters in Myanmar, starting what some called the Saffron Revolution.
- A supposed meteorite impact in Peru leads to hundreds of nearby villagers falling ill from still unknown causes. (Reuters)
- Nuclear program of Iran: The United States is drafting a United Nations Security Council resolution calling for sanctions against Iran prior to discussions amongst the five permanent members. (AFP)
- The United States Federal Reserve cuts a key short-term interest rate by a half-percentage point, resulting in a stock market rally. (CNN Money)
- Bangladeshi cartoonist Arifur Rahman is detained on suspicion of disrespecting Muhammad. The Interim Government confiscates copies of the ''Prothom Alo'' newspaper issue in which Muhammad is caricatured.
- China confirms a bird flu outbreak in Guangzhou.
- The Bank of England injects £4.4 billion of liquidity into the U.K. Financial System as a response to the Subprime Mortgage Financial Crisis, after £2 billion of deposits are removed from the Northern Rock bank in the three days after it applied for emergency funding from the Bank. (BBC)
- Russia claims to have killed top Dagestani militant Rappani Khalilov along with another militant in a day-long battle. (AP via IHT)
- North Korea denies allegations that it is helping Syria to develop a nuclear weapons facility. (BBC)
- Australia, the second largest wheat exporter in the world, cuts its forecast production by 30 per cent due to an ongoing drought. (BBC)
- 2007 Pacific typhoon season: Hundreds of thousands of people are evacuated from Shanghai, China as Typhoon Wipha approaches. (Reuters, AFP via News Limited)
- The son of Philippine House Speaker Jose De Venecia, Jr., Jose ampquotJoeyampquot De Venecia III, disclosed in a Senate inquiry that First Gentleman Mike Arroyo is the ampquotmystery manampquot behind the controversial $ 329-million broadband contract with ZTE Corp. in China. (Inquirer)
- O.J. Simpson is charged with several felonies in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Reuters)
- In Japan, the event ampquotNice Boatampquot occurred on all Japanese TV's replacing the final episode of the anime, ampquotSchool Daysampquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 September 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Sheffield United : 2 - 2
- Bristol City - West Brom : 1 - 1
- Charlton - Norwich : 2 - 0
- Crystal Palace - Coventry : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - York : 2 - 0
- Altrincham - Cambridge : 0 - 3
- Burton - Ebbsfleet : 1 - 1
- Crawley Town - Woking : 5 - 3
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Swansea : 1 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Brescia - Piacenza : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?