Tuesday 18 September 2007US date format: 9/18/2007, UK date format: 18/9/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Things We Lost in the Fire, directed by Susanne Bier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moonlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Professor Layton or Akinator.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2007 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- Pepsi Tate: Welsh bassist (tigertailz) (Born 1965).
- The Federal Reserve cuts interest rates in the U.S. by half a point (0.5 percent) for the first time since 2006 to ease the ongoing panic in the financial markets due to the subprime mortgage crisis.
- Pervez Musharraf announces that he will step down as army chief and restore civilian rule to Pakistan, but only after he is re-elected president.
- Buddhist monks join anti-government protesters in Myanmar, starting what some called the Saffron Revolution.
- A supposed meteorite impact in Peru leads to hundreds of nearby villagers falling ill from still unknown causes. (Reuters)
- Nuclear program of Iran: The United States is drafting a United Nations Security Council resolution calling for sanctions against Iran prior to discussions amongst the five permanent members. (AFP)
- The United States Federal Reserve cuts a key short-term interest rate by a half-percentage point, resulting in a stock market rally. (CNN Money)
- Bangladeshi cartoonist Arifur Rahman is detained on suspicion of disrespecting Muhammad. The Interim Government confiscates copies of the ''Prothom Alo'' newspaper issue in which Muhammad is caricatured.
- China confirms a bird flu outbreak in Guangzhou.
- The Bank of England injects £4.4 billion of liquidity into the U.K. Financial System as a response to the Subprime Mortgage Financial Crisis, after £2 billion of deposits are removed from the Northern Rock bank in the three days after it applied for emergency funding from the Bank. (BBC)
- Russia claims to have killed top Dagestani militant Rappani Khalilov along with another militant in a day-long battle. (AP via IHT)
- North Korea denies allegations that it is helping Syria to develop a nuclear weapons facility. (BBC)
- Australia, the second largest wheat exporter in the world, cuts its forecast production by 30 per cent due to an ongoing drought. (BBC)
- 2007 Pacific typhoon season: Hundreds of thousands of people are evacuated from Shanghai, China as Typhoon Wipha approaches. (Reuters, AFP via News Limited)
- The son of Philippine House Speaker Jose De Venecia, Jr., Jose ampquotJoeyampquot De Venecia III, disclosed in a Senate inquiry that First Gentleman Mike Arroyo is the ampquotmystery manampquot behind the controversial $ 329-million broadband contract with ZTE Corp. in China. (Inquirer)
- O.J. Simpson is charged with several felonies in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Reuters)
- In Japan, the event ampquotNice Boatampquot occurred on all Japanese TV's replacing the final episode of the anime, ampquotSchool Daysampquot.
Sport Games on 18 September 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Sheffield United : 2 - 2
- Bristol City - West Brom : 1 - 1
- Charlton - Norwich : 2 - 0
- Crystal Palace - Coventry : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - York : 2 - 0
- Altrincham - Cambridge : 0 - 3
- Burton - Ebbsfleet : 1 - 1
- Crawley Town - Woking : 5 - 3
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Swansea : 1 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Brescia - Piacenza : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Alicia Keys - No One
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Tuya - Jennifer Pena
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Investors assume that the central bank will reduce the overnight federal funds rate by at least a quarter of a percentage point, to 5 percent. But many market analysts say that will not be enough to restore confidence. [..]
With the recalls of toys by Mattel and others, the European Union is taking a second look at whether its safety regulations are adequate. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.32
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $111.77
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.91
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $49.45
- 1 CAD = 1.1643 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.005 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8628 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3762 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?