Wednesday 26 September 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
There Will Be Blood, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Pontoon by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinemassacre's Monster Madness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree or Band of Bugs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 September 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 September
- Bill Wirtz: American ice hockey executive (d. 2007).
- More than half a million Chinese-manufactured toys are recalled in the United States due to excess levels of lead paint including 269,000 of RC2 Corp's ampquotThomas Friendsampquot toy trains. (Reuters)
- The bishops of the United States Episcopal Church agree to ampquotexercise restraintampquot by not consecrating more gay bishops or authorizing rites for the blessing of same-sex unions in order to prevent a schism in the Anglican Church worldwide. (Christian Science Monitor)
- United States District Court judge Ann Aiken rules that two sections of the USA PATRIOT Act are unconstitutional because they allow search warrants to be issued without a showing of probable cause. (AP via CNN)
- The House of Assembly of Zimbabwe passes legislation transferring control of all foreign-owned businesses to Zimbabweans. (ABC News Australia)
- A lack of chlorine for water sanitation in Iraq has led to an outbreak of cholera which has now reached Baghdad. (BBC)
- Superior Courts of California judge Larry Fidler declares the trial of record producer Phil Spector as a mistrial due to the inability of the jury to reach a verdict. (CNN)
- The United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates asks for $190 billion to cover the cost of the war in Iraq and war in Afghanistan during 2008. (AP via Topix)
- A photo possibly showing missing Madeleine McCann in Morocco is being examined by British experts. (Sky News)
- The new Prime Minister of Japan Yasuo Fukuda is sworn into office with his Cabinet. (AFP)
- The United Auto Workers announces a tentative agreement with General Motors ending a two-day strike. (AP via Fox News)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- Up to five Buddhist monks are killed (Sky News)
- Win Nang, a pro-democracy activist, is arrested. (AFP via News Limited)
- The India national cricket team starts a victory parade in Mumbai after winning the inaugural 2007 ICC World Twenty20. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 September 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Catania - Empoli : 1 - 0
- Fiorentina - Roma : 2 - 2
- Genoa - Udinese : 3 - 2
- Inter - Sampdoria : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Cottbus : 5 - 0
- Bielefeld - Hannover : 0 - 2
- Ein Frankfurt - Karlsruhe : 0 - 1
- Nurnberg - Leverkusen : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- CZ Jena - Offenbach : 2 - 0
- FC Koln - Freiburg : 1 - 3
- Kaiserslautern - Wehen : 0 - 2
- Koblenz - Greuther Furth : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Ath Madrid : 0 - 2
- Barcelona - Zaragoza : 4 - 1
- La Coruna - Recreativo : 0 - 2
- Mallorca - Valladolid : 4 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?