Monday 3 May 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ann B Davis and Gérard Saumade.
Mum's the Word, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1926 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Ann B Davis
- Gérard Saumade
- Jimmy Cleveland
- Matt Baldwin: Canadian curler and engineer.
- Ann Davis: American actress and comedienne, known for her role as Schultzy in the TV sitcom "The Bob Cummings Show.
- Herbert Blau: American engineer and academic (d. 2013).
- Jane Fitch: American astrologer, a self-taught astrology buff for the past 23 years.
- Adolph Posnick: Canadian executive and CEO of Ferro, a specialty materials maker.
- Napoleon V Bonaparte: French pretender to the throne, dies at age 63.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Sinclair Lewis (Arrowsmith)
- British general strike-3 million workers support miners.
- US marines land in Nicaragua (9 months after leaving), stay until 1933.
- the coal miners are locked-out in Britain.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Always - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Clap Hands! Here Comes Charley - Johnny Marvin