Saturday 3 June 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Imogen Poots and Youtubable .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rock On by Michael Damian.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, directed by William Shatner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Risk: The World Conquest Game or Eye of Horus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1989 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Imogen Poots: TV Actress.
- Youtubable : YouTube Star.
- Katie Hoff: American swimmer.
- Anthony Taugourdeau: French footballer.
- Leaking pipe of Asha, USSR causes 2 trains to catch fire; 460 die
- Nolan Ryan pitches his 2nd one-hitter this season and 11th overall
- Houston Astros beat Los Angeles Dodgers, 5-4, in 22 innings (7:14:09).
- Chinese troops kill hundreds of pro-democracy students in Beijing.
- Country singer Rebe McEntire weds her manager Narvel Blackstone.
- The government of China sends troops to force protesters out of Tiananmen Square after seven weeks of occupation.
- SkyDome is officially opened in Toronto, Ontario
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 June 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?