Thursday June 8, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amaury Vassili and Timea Bacsinszky.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Licence to Kill, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Love And Marriage by Bill Cosby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baby Boomer or Dangerous Seed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1989 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Amaury Vassili: French tenor singer (exactly lyrical baritone), widely known especially in Asia and Canada.
- Timea Bacsinszky: Swiss tennis player.
- Christina Broccolini: Canadian TV presenter.
- Jesse Lawson: Guitarist.
- Richard Fleeshman: English singer-songwriter and actor.
- Mitchell Schwartz: American football player.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Synch - Where Are You Now?
Top #10 R&B songs
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Atlantic Starr - My First Love
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- Slick Rick - Children's Story
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?