Thursday June 1, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Audrey Middleton and Tiffany Darlyn.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rock On by Michael Damian.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Vice Academy, directed by Rick Sloane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while About Face by David H. Hackworth and Julie Sherman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Money or Bandai Golf: Challenge Pebble Beach.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1989 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Audrey Middleton: Reality Star.
- Tiffany Darlyn: YouTube Star.
- Brooklyn Lee: American porn actress.
- Sammy Mutahi: Kenyan runner.
- Aurelio Lampredi: Italian automobile and aircraft engine designer (d. 1989).
- 62nd National Spelling Bee: Scott Isaacs wins spelling spoliator
- Robin Givens and Mike Tyson granted final divorce in New Jersey
- Typhoon Lagoon water park opens at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, covering 56 acres.
- Oba Chandler murders an Ohio family on their Florida vacation by drowning them in Tampa Bay.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Top #10 R&B songs
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Atlantic Starr - My First Love
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Slick Rick - Children's Story
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- Grady Harrell - Sticks And Stones
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?