Friday 3 March 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francesco Siciliani and Harold J Stone.
The Mystery of a Hansom Cab, directed by W.J. Lincoln, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1911 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Francesco Siciliani: opera composer.
- Harold J Stone: American actor (d. 2005).
- Jean Harlow: American actress whose slender figure and short platinum hair earned her the nickname "The Blonde Bombshell.
- Hugues Lapointe: Canadian lawyer and politician 22nd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 1982).
- First US federal cemetery with Union and Rebel graves opens, Missouri.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 March 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I've Got Your Number - Elida Morris & Walter Van Brunt
- Gems from The Merry Widow - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Silver Bell - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Silver Bell - That Girl Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?