Friday 3 March 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 3, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Harlow and Harold J Stone.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 March 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1911 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Jean Harlow: Actress (Bombshell), dies from gallbladder infection at 26.
- Francesco Siciliani: opera composer.
- Harold J Stone: American actor (d. 2005).
- Jean Harlow: American actress whose slender figure and short platinum hair earned her the nickname "The Blonde Bombshell.
- Hugues Lapointe: Canadian lawyer and politician 22nd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 1982).
- First US federal cemetery with Union and Rebel graves opens, Missouri.