Friday 3 March 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Harlow and Francesco Siciliani.
The Mystery of a Hansom Cab, directed by W.J. Lincoln, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1911 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Jean Harlow: Actress (Bombshell), dies from gallbladder infection at 26.
- Francesco Siciliani: opera composer.
- Harold J Stone: American actor (d. 2005).
- Jean Harlow: American actress whose slender figure and short platinum hair earned her the nickname "The Blonde Bombshell.
- Hugues Lapointe: Canadian lawyer and politician 22nd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 1982).
- First US federal cemetery with Union and Rebel graves opens, Missouri.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Silver Bell
- Silver Bell - That Girl Quartet
- Gems from The Merry Widow - Victor Light Opera Co.
- I've Got Your Number - Elida Morris & Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?