Friday 3 March 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Harlow and Harold J Stone.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 March 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1911 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Jean Harlow: Actress (Bombshell), dies from gallbladder infection at 26.
- Francesco Siciliani: opera composer.
- Harold J Stone: American actor (d. 2005).
- Jean Harlow: American actress whose slender figure and short platinum hair earned her the nickname "The Blonde Bombshell.
- Hugues Lapointe: Canadian lawyer and politician 22nd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 1982).
- First US federal cemetery with Union and Rebel graves opens, Missouri.