Sunday 19 March 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Robinson and Simone Renant.
Captain Starlight, or Gentleman of the Road, directed by Alfred Rolfe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1911 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Kenneth Robinson: Politician / businessman.
- Simone Renant: France Actor.
- Arnold Viiding: Estonian shot putter and discus thrower (d. 2006).
- International Women's Day is celebrated for the first time. First Women's Day celebration took place in 1911, ''The Times of India'', 7 March 2011.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Looking for a Nice Young Fellow Who is Looking for a Nice Young Girl - American Quartet & Ada Jones
- The Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
- Enrico Caruso - For You Alone
- The Dublin Rag - Ada Jones
- The Old Oaken Bucket - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?